1. Every interaction should be done with respect.
2. Refrain from cursing and using foul language.
While Streaming, Recording & Proximity Voice Chatting:
3. Do not make lewd gestures, or references.
4. Avoid shouting or making loud noises.
5. Mute your microphone if you cough, sneeze, sniffle or blow your nose.
6. Don’t interrupt others while they are talking.
7. Remain fully-clothed if you are visible on camera.
8. While streaming pay attention to live chat and respond in a timely manner.
9. Refrain from eating/drinking on camera or without first muting your microphone.
10. NEVER claim a base in a system where another Traveller has already claimed a base, unless you have explicit permission.
11. If you encounter another Traveller who doesn’t have a microphone do not harass them to join voice chat with you.
12. Do not upload planet or system discoveries in another Traveller’s home base system.
13. Upload no more than 3 flora, fauna or waypoint discoveries on another Traveller’s home base planet.
14. While exploring hub regions respect the local civilization’s conventions for uploading and naming discoveries.
15. Place any communication stations at a respectful distance from another Traveller’s base.
16. Build a communication station, exocraft bay or waypoint beacon within your base perimeter so others can easily find your base.
17. Do not share another Traveller’s base location coordinates without their express permission unless said Traveller already published that information publicly.
18. Refrain from asking personal information of other Travellers such as where they live, their real name, profession, politics, etc.
19. Do not build a Monument on another Traveller’s home planet/system without the permission of that Traveller.
20. When randomly encountering another Traveller, the Traveller who arrived later has the responsibility to leave the system unless explicitly invited to stay by the Traveller that arrived earlier (unless the system is previously-discovered or claimed by the later-arriving Traveller).
(Updated April 9th, 2019: #10 base over-writing is no longer a problem, but you shouldn’t build your base in another player’s home system unless they gave permission.)
Got other tips for No Man’s Sky etiquette? Leave a comment below!